The activities listed below are only examples and are not intended to cover every situation. Generally, the activity should be for the direct benefit of the Parish or School or an activity performed as part of a parish organization to benefit others outside our parish community. If an activity falls outside this general intent, the Stewardship Committee or Stewardship Task Force will communicate that an activity does not qualify. Except as noted in Mass related items, all other items count as time spent rounded to the nearest ¼ hour.
Items that qualify toward the minimum 24 hours of time and talent:
(Each item related to the Masses qualify for 1 hour of service per week)
- Services associated with Sunday (Saturday evening) Masses including:
- Eucharistic Minister
- Commission or Committee meetings
- Council of Ministries meetings
- Business portion of Men’s Club and PTO qualifies: (Social time does not qualify)
- Working at Athletic events
- Cleanup, etc.
- Coaching a St. Anthony team
- Working at any Fundraising Event that supports the Parish
- Heavenly Dusters (volunteers who clean the church every Saturday morning).
- Individual or family volunteer work on the parish/school building or grounds ( please see the School or Parish Office for work that needs to be done)
- Assist with large mailings for the school or parish
- Participating in the planning or implementation of any parish or school event
- Alter Linens- volunteers who wash and press the alter linens used during Mass
- Youth Ministry adult volunteers and chaperones
- Time spent to help clean up after school or parish events( i.e. putting up chairs)
- Annual Summer Picnic Worker
Items that DO NOT qualify toward the minimum 24 hours of time and talent
- Field Trip chaperones (unless approved by Principal)
- Student’s Participation in school masses as servers, lecture, etc.
- Social time for any committee meeting (Men’s Club opening hour, PTO if children are performing, etc.) Business portions of these meeting do count.
- Hours counted for any other type of Service Hour Requirements (Children receiving Sacrament of Confirmation, 6th grade students getting required service hours)
- Attendance at Athletics Events as spectator